Saturday 7 December 2013

Review: Lumie Bodyclock

OK, so it's straight in with a review...  Last year, my partner got me a Lumie Bodyclock for Christmas, to help with the dark mornings.  So this is the second winter that I've has it, and I can say that I would absolutely not be without it now.

I have the basic model, and the 'thing' with these clocks is that they wake you up very gently with an artificial sunrise that takes a full 30 minutes.  So if you set the alarm for, say, 7am, the light will start to come on at 6.30am.  From being almost imperceptible, it will gradually get brighter until by 7 it's very bright indeed, and you'll be properly awake.  And it works brilliantly!

I've had the clock for nearly a year, and it has genuinely transformed my winter mornings.  Before, I would hit the snooze button as many times as I could get away with, and still get up feeling incredibly tired and barely awake.  Now, I can get on with the day, and I feel a lot less tired in the evenings as well, which is a bonus.  It's been like hitting a reset button.

Drawbacks?  It's true, £60 is a lot of money for a bedside clock.  However, if it works for you, you'll consider it money well spent.  And using the controls can be a bit fiddly (this point does come up in the reviews) but once you get the hang of the sequences, it's not so bad. 

Conclusion: this product really works!!  And it's great to find something that lives up to its claims as well.  If mine breaks, I'll be straight on the computer to order another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS