Wednesday 7 February 2018

Haulternative - recent charity shop finds


Haulternative charity shop finds frugal thrifting

(NB - firstly, I just want to say that, although these charity shop buys would not break the rules of my Buy Nothing New Challenge, I bought them in January.  I'd decluttered enough stuff to fill up a couple of charity donation bags, and I felt a bit rubbish with a cold, so I treated myself...!)

So let's jump in:
Haulternative charity shop buys frugal thifted

First up, there's a T-shirt from George (Asda) for £1.25 at Cancer Research.  I live in T-shirts and jeans, so an extra tee never goes amiss, especially at that price. 

Next, a new cotton facecloth for 50p, also Cancer Research.  For a long time, muslin cloths have been the thing, but actually, I prefer an proper old-fashioned facecloth.  I've noticed that hotels are more likely to provide them with the towels these days, so maybe they're having a bit of a comeback.

Then I got a bracelet and a necklace for 99p each from the Salvation Army shop.  I've noticed they've put their prices up quite a bit, especially in the trinket and ornament department.  These two didn't have price tags, but the lady at the till just asked for 99p each for them, which was fine by me.

Here's a closer pic of them:

Haulternative charity shop buys frugal thrift

The bracelet has a casual, summery feel, and the little charms are extra cute. I haven't worn it yet as it doesn't feel right with long sleeves and wintery layers.  I've worn the necklace a couple of times, though - it's really delicate and pretty. 

Next, I got a book about houseplants, also 99p from the Salvation Army.  I need more plants in my life, and this is a good place to start. 

Haulternative charity shop buys frugal thrift


And finally.... a gorgeous little penguin!  (£2.99 from Oxfam, for the record.)

Haulternative charity shop buys frugal thrift

OK, I don't actually need a penguin ornament, but I couldn't walk out without him.  The lady at the till was not best pleased - she'd had her eye one him, and was hoping he wouldn't find his way out to the shop floor.  Too bad - he's mine!

(And the Buy Nothing New Challenge? I've had a blip, but not a terrible one.  I'll let you know how it's going in my first update, which will be on its way very soon...!)

2 comments:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS