Monday 13 November 2017

T K Maxx - cruelty-free (small) haul

I went to Edinburgh recently for a day trip to meet up with an old friend.  Whilst I was waiting for her bus to get in, I nipped into T K Maxx for a little stock up. I've run out of Dr Bronners, and normally they have loads in, but not this time.  Never mind,,,!

What I did get was...

T K Maxx cruelty-free alba botanica hawaiian shampoo review

... a lovely big bottle of shampoo by Alba Botanica, who are certified by Cruelty Free International.  There were a number of different scents available, but this is the gardenia version - it smells quite pungent and floral, but not to the point of being unpleasant.  It is free of artificial colours, parabens, phthalates, and harsh sulphates.  This is a 946ml bottle for £9.99, so pretty good value. 

I like to buy a litre or so at a time so it will keep me going for ages.  The only small concern is that, if I've not tried the product before, it might not be good for my scalp.  This has happened before - I got a lovely big bottle of shampoo home, only to find that it made my head itchy.  The answer was just to use it as shower gel instead.  It did a great job, and none of it went to waste. 

I also got the Deep Sea Spearmint toothpaste by Jason,  Again, I haven't used this product before, but I like it.  It tastes less sweet than my usual Superdrug own brand toothpaste, but it's still minty and fresh.  I can't get used to toothpastes that don't taste of mint - just seems wrong somehow.  It cost £3.99, which isn't cheap, but this is a 170g tube, so it's quite a but bigger then the Superdrug stuff.  It's certified bunny friendly, and is also free of a long list of undesirable ingredients. 

T K Maxx cruelty free jason toothpaste review bamboo socks
 

Finally, I got three pairs of bamboo socks for £4.99 from a brand called Glenmuir.  At my local health food shop, the bamboo socks can be pricey, so I was happy to find these!

Hopefully, the Dr Bronners will be back on my next visit...

5 comments:

  1. Some lovely finds in TK Maxx. I love going there browsing products, trying to find good deals. I've also ran out of Dr. Bronners soap recently and will see whether I can find it again in TK Maxx next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Petra, thanks for stopping by. I love T K Maxx too, you never know what you will find, and I rarely leave empty handed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great bargain on the bamboo socks - I may have to visit my local T K Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Susie, thanks for commenting. I hadn't been looking for the socks, just a lucky find. I hope you find something good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should thank you for writing on this topic, very useful information you have given through this blog regarding cutter. I will visit again to get more information. Check here
    Visit my blog
    Get more info

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS