Sunday 16 July 2017

(Slightly late) May and June favourites

In May, I discovered Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask from Lush.  Although they call it a mask, I pretty much use it as a scrub.  Such a rich, sweet coffee scent, and a lovely gritty texture.  It is just gorgeous...

Sludgy goodness...
In June, I renewed my subscription to Ethical Consumer magazine for a second year.  This is an invaluable resource for anybody wanting to make more ethical choices in everyday life.  EC provides product guides from the best to the worst, analysing the performance of companies against a range of ethical and conservation concerns, including, say, their stance on climate change or workers' rights. 

At first, I went for the online subscription option, but I found that I just didn't engage with the magazine when it was on the screen.  Then EC contacted me and asked if I wanted to switch to the print version.  I said yes straight away, and I much prefer the printed magazine.  It is sent in a paper envelope, not a plastic cover (as are most subscription magazines).  I find that I refer back to the paper copy a lot more, and EC seem keen for the magazines to be passed on to people who might not otherwise subscribe.  This way, they can take their message to a wider audience. 

I wouldn't be without it now.  It is so helpfully in a really practical way.  For example, I normally buy supermarket cat food, but looking up EC's table on this product has been an eye opener.  But the solutions are right there in front of me, so it's a matter of checking out the alternatives and making the change to a better product. 

(Providing the cat will agree to eat her shiny new ethical chow, of course...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS