Saturday 15 July 2017

Doing better....

A few weeks ago, I was on the train and I got a coffee.  I got a black coffee, and was therefore a bit surprised when (a) the lady on the trolley offered me a wooden stirrer (for black coffee?), and (b) gave me an extra disposable coffee cup in which to store my unnecessary stirrer.  I tried to refuse these items, but this lady was just so insistent.  I was pretty taken aback, but then I had to say to myself, what am I actually doing, buying this coffee in the first place???  Really, what?  I'm sitting here thinking, how wasteful etc, but the truth is, I have caused this waste.  I've bought a coffee knowing it would involve a disposable cup that would be used once then binned.  Then I'm put out because it involves slightly more waste then I'd envisaged? 


So that's it - no more buying a coffee on the train for me.  Yes, it's convenient, yes, it's nice to have a coffee on a long train journey, yes, it's easy to give in and do it just this once.  But if I think this sort of waste is bad, then I have to stop contributing to it.  I have to do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS